Stop by and enter the contest for Steamroller by Mary Calmes! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 4.
Go enter the contest for Domestic Relations by K-Lee Klein! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 4.
Then enter the contest for Mourning Heaven by Amy Lane! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 6.
Make sure you enter the contest for Body Magic (Mind Magic #2) by Poppy Dennison! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 7.
Don’t forget to enter the contest for Sub Zero by Angel Martinez! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 7.
No Misadventure on Monday due to the holiday in the US!
So far behind… I can’t remember the last time I read so little during a week. I adore you all, even if I haven’t been commenting. Look for me to be commenting again… around November.
- Sue Brown is giving away an ebook copy of Point of No Return by NR Walker. Closes on September 2.
- Cole’s giving away an ebook copy of Cherry Red by Jack Greene. Closes midnight CDT, September 4.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Call Me Wild by Robin Kaye. Closes September 7. US & Canada.
- The serial is back. *sigh* I am displeased.
- Nicole has a thoughtful comparison of the new Total Recall movie, the old Total Recall movie, and the Philip K. Dick short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” that inspired both.
- Your argument is invalid because… Be careful where you leave your Neil Gaiman! Wise words from Mr Gaiman.
- Shakespeare, but with cats. *has flashback to “William Shakespeare’s in My Cat” by the Arrogant Worms*
- The ebook agency pricing settlement is here! Unless you live in Minnesota. We opted out. But that’s ok – I haven’t ever purchased such books.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Fascinating article suggesting a link between maternal inflammatory disease and autism in offspring.
- “280 million more dollars spent pretending to visit another planet than on actually landing on another planet.”
- Compare how Consumerist reported on some cases of hantavirus at Yosemite versus how Gizmodo reported on it…
- I can’t be the only one alarmed by a pervasive lack of truthfulness in the Republican campaign for President, can I?! (Thanks, Jase!)
- The song “Minneapolis” by Mark Mallman. (Warning: Possible earworm alert. “When they ask me, ‘Are you satisfied?’ All that I wanted was Central Time. All I ever wanted was Central Time.”)
- Listen to a playlist of what the Mars Curiosity rover “wakes up” to every morning. (Earworms abound!)
- Check out some of latest pictures from the Curiosity rover, then go watch a video of what the landing looked like from its perspective.
Cool or Wha…?
- What’s your weight on other planets? (Avoid Jupiter!)
- Apparently this is a billboard in my neighborhood. Huh. Guess I’ll have to track it down and take my own picture, huh? (Thanks, Brigitte!)
- Psych out! (Make sure you hover your cursor over the comic for additional text.) (Also, this would make a really cool alternate reality m/m romance… just sayin’…)
- Baby tiger! Baby leopard cat! Black leopard! Tiger and babies! Tiger! Baby lion! Lion and baby! Tiger butt! Tiger toes! Tiger! Tigers! Lions! Baby cheetahs! Tiger and babies! Fox and babies! Lioness and babies! Fiery-throated hummingbird! Baby cheetahs! Baby tiger! Cat and kitten! Kitten! Baby red pandas! Baby Tasmanian devils! Beluga and baby! Kitten! Baby ferrets! Bun! Hippo and baby! Baby snow leopards! Tiger and baby! Lynx and baby! Kitten! Baby flamingo!
Men of Smithfield 1: Mark & Tony by LB Gregg. ebook. reread. Very good m/m romance about a guy who goes a little nuts after finding his boyfriend screwing their landlord in their bedroom and things start to spiral out of control. Then there’s the friend he’s had a crush on for years, who turns out to have a few secrets of his own… (Originally published as Gobsmacked.)
The Perfect Cover by Claire Thompson. ebook. reread. Good m/m romance about a straight guy who gets a job at Caribbean resort for gay men by hiding that he’s straight. But has he really thought the whole thing through?
Beneath the Surface by Kate Sherwood. ebook. Good m/m romance about an unassuming craftsman in a small Ontario who finds himself leading the opposition to a proposed gravel quarry next to his land. Too bad the spokesperson for the other side is so handsomely distracting…
Rarer than Rubies (Precious Gems #1) by EM Lynley. ebook. Good m/m romantic suspense about an m/m author who’s stuck in a rut, so his friends send him on vacation to Thailand, where he becomes inadvertently tangled in a life-or-death adventure with a handsome mystery man.
Italian Ice (Precious Gems #2) by EM Lynley. ebook. Good m/m romantic suspense in which the m/m romance author and the alleged former FBI agent are on vacation in Rome when a ghost from the FBI agent’s past resurfaces, putting strain on his current relationship. The story’s last line (and sadly, the title inspiration) literally made me groan.
A flashback to Chaos at the vet a few weeks ago, feeling very sorry for himself – or plotting my demise…